The IVOA Northern Spring 2016 Interoperability Meeting will be held at the Stellenbosch Institute of Advanced Study (STIAS), near Cape Town from 8-13 May 2016.
STIAS offers state of the art conference facilities in a beautiful surrounding. Both the centre of Stellenbosch and the university are at a walking distance.
If you are travelling on your own, you find STIAS at 10 Marais Street. Directions from Cape Town airport are as follows (http://stias.ac.za/catering_unlimited/directions_CU.html):
1. From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport, take the N2, HIGHWAY in the direction of Stellenbosch / Somerset West.
2. Continue on the N2 until EXIT 33 (BADEN POWELL DRIVE TURN OFF). Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the T-junction. Pass Spier Estate on your right hand side and carry on towards Stellenbosch. At the traffic lights, drive straight through until you get to the next set of traffic lights at the T-junction.
3. At the T-junction with traffic lights, turn right. After approximately 2.5 kms, you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
4. At the next set of traffic lights, turn right into Dorp Street. A Shell Garage and vehicle showroom is on the corner.
5. Continue up Dorp Street, through a set of traffic lights and at the first small, traffic circle in the road, turn left into Meul Street (Mill Street).
6. At the next traffic circle, turn right into Plein Street. Continue along Plein Street into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops. Pass the University grounds on your left and go straightforward through the next 3 way stop (the Boland College is on your right).
7. Opposite Boland College, turn left in Marais street, (if you reach a fork in the road with a willow tree and telephone box you are to far away and missed the left turn into Marais street).
STREET NAMES: Stellenbosch street names are indicated on the curb stones on street corners. The street names are set in black on painted yellow background.